Do you have the heart, desire and passion along with the knowledge, skills and abilities it takes to help children, families and individuals who are struggling with behavioral or mental health disorders? Are you a team player, understanding the holistic approach and the importance of communication and collaboration? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these three questions, then we should have a conversation!
We are seeking a ARTS Counselor. The practice of a certified substance abuse counselor consists of the Twelve Core Functions, including screening, intake, orientation, assessment, treatment planning, counseling, case management, crisis intervention, client education, report and record keeping, consultation with other professionals regarding client treatment and services, and referral to treat addictive disorder or disease and to help prevent relapse.
Required Licenses or Certifications required for Position:
- Master’s Licensed Professional or approved licensure residency from one of the following discipline categories: social work, psychology, or counseling.
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC)
- Preferred training/coursework in motivational interviewing and addiction treatment
Since our inception in 1992, Family Preservation Services (FPS) of Virginia has been a leader and innovator in the development of community-based services here in the Commonwealth of Virginia. FPS of Virginia currently operates 30 office sites, each designed to meet the unique needs of each community through the integration and use of evidence based and trauma-informed practices. With more than 900 employees servicing more than 3,000 individuals and families each year, FPS is the largest private provider of community based services in Virginia
As a leader in the area of mental health and behavioral health services, Family Preservation Services of Virginia, with the support and collective expertise of our global parent company, Pathways will continue our commitment to promoting positive change in the individuals, families and communities we impact each day.
Family Preservation Services is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401k Match – 50% of the first 6% of eligible compensation up to an annual maximum of $750
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
- Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
Pathways or any its subsidiaries does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)