Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for Pathways!
Family Preservation Services is a subsidiary of Pathways and specializes in non-residential, community-based services for children, adolescents, and adults with severe emotional/ behavioral disorders who are also receiving Medicaid. The goal of FPS is to provide “Human Services Without Walls,” meaning that services are mostly provided in the client’s own environment and community.
Family Preservation Services Team is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as an ACT Team Nurse. The Team Nurse provides medical assessment and services as well as treatment and rehabilitation services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
- Under the direction of the team psychiatrist and in collaboration with other registered nurses on the team develop, revise, maintain and supervise team psychopharmacologic and medical treatment and medication policies and procedures including transcribing, administering, evaluating, and recording psychotropic medications prescribed by the team psychiatrist; evaluate and chart psychotropic medication effectiveness, complications, and side effects; and arrange for required lab work according to protocol.
- Under the direction of the team psychiatrist and in collaboration with other registered nurses on the team, organize and manage a system of getting medication to clients and integrating medication administration tightly into clients’ individual treatment plans
- Under the direction of the team psychiatrist and in collaboration with other registered nurses on the team, manage pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- In collaboration with the psychiatrist, coordinate, schedule and administer medical assessments of client physical health, making appropriate referrals to community physicians for further assessment and treatment, and coordinate psychiatric treatment with medical treatment.
- Participate in quality improvement and staff training meetings
- Ongoing assessment of clients needs
- Participate in clinical meetings, staff meetings, and staff trainings
- Assess overall physical health of consumers
- Conduct health assessments
- Complete all other assessments which are appropriate for the nurse scope of practice (as part of comprehensive assessment & on an ongoing basis)
- Work with consumers and staff in developing and implementing person-centered individual treatment plans which include goals to address physical health issues
- Take the lead role in the direction, coordination & provision of physical health treatment as stated in the treatment plan
- Collaborate with consumer’s physical health providers
- Builds relationship with medical providers in the community, providing the team with a network of physical health resources
- Accompany consumers to medical appointments, facilitate medical follow up
- Provide training to other ACT team members to help them monitor psychiatric symptoms and medication side effects
- Provide education to consumers, families, and other team members about mental illness, physical health, medications and side effects
- RN or LPN licensed in Louisiana
- Valid state driver’s license in good standing
- Current automobile insurance
Pathways is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401k Plan
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
- Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)